Almost all digital cameras record and store various camera settings, scene information, date/time the photo was taken etc as Exchangeable Image File (EXIF) data within the image file. This information can be really useful when it comes to sorting or viewing your digital photos, providing you keep your camera date/time settings up to date.
The problem is, what happens if:
- You forget to update the date / time while travelling?
- Replace the battery only to later find out your dates are completely wrong?
- Taken photos with multiple cameras only to discover the times are out of sync?
- Scanned your old images and want to order by the photo date?
EXIF Date Changer modifies the date and time attributes of the EXIF data stored within your digital photos. This allows you to compensate for incorrect camera settings, or different time zones within seconds across an entire folder of images. As an added bonus you are also able to rename all photos to include the time taken in the filename, add caption etc, making it even easier to sort and view your photos.
- Quickly adjust EXIF Date/Time properties (time taken) of all images within a folder or folders
- Rename all the images to include the Date/Time taken
- Ability to customize the output file name format. Eg. ‘TRAVEL_20061029_Australia.jpg’ instead of ‘2006-10-29 13-35-47 – Australia.jpg’
- Allows easier sorting through better file naming
- Include captions, credits etc (used by many programs such as Picasa, Adobe Lightroom)
- Add time taken to images without EXIF data. Eg. scanned photos
- Watermark your JPEG images
- Easier sorting and processing of images from multiple cameras